Question 1: Art of the Americas This week, we studied a vast array of cultural objects produced in North, South, and Central America prior to 1492. Select one object from each of the following cultures: Aztec, Inca, and North (Native) American. First, identify each object, including its name, date, medium, and location/geographical region of origin. Then, in a minimum of 2 well-developed paragraphs, address the following questions for each object:
- What are the unique and specific visual characteristics of the object? How are these visual characteristics typical of the time and place in which the object was created?
- How does meaning or function of the object reflect the culture in which it was produced?
- What is the philosophy or approach to art that is defined by the –ism.
- What are the specific visual characteristics of your example that are representative of the overall style of the –ism?
- How does the specific subject of your selected work reflect the philosophy of the –ism?