PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY BEFORE REQUESTING TO DO ASSIGNMENT.
READINGS: FONTAINE; CHAPTERS 2,3,6
American Psychological Association (2010). Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author. (ISBN 1-4338-0561-8)
Fontaine, K. L. (2015). Complementary and Alternative Therapies for Nursing Practice (4rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall. (ISBN 0-13-334650-3)
Forum # 3 Assignment Instructions
For this assignment you will explore the research surrounding botanical healing which includes a variety of herbal medicines, dietary supplements, aromatherapy, and homeopathic medicines. Select a specific botanical healing therapy that interests you such as the herbal medicine St. John’s Wort, lavender aromatherapy, or a homeopathic regiment. Then find a current (no older than 5 years) original research article. This must be from a peer reviewed journal. Please make this a human study not an animal or in vitro study. Write a critique of the article that follows the format used in your text book. See pg 141-142 in your text for an example. NO QUOTES THIS WEEK PLEASE!
- Being with posting the complete APA article reference. You will not have to do in text citations this week
- What is this Study About? This address the purpose of the study
- How was this Study done? This is what they actually did. Include framework if any, study design, sample, data collection any instruments.
- What were the Results of the Study?
- What additional Questions Might I have?
- How can I use this study? These are your nursing implications specific to the therapy and findings from this, not general implications for any CAM therapy
- DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Often students restate the abstract, be sure you have put things in your own words.
- You do not have to have title page. Critiques will no more than 2 pages
- Post your critique in as an attachment of the forum # 3 by Midnight Wednesday. Post a substantial response to another by Midnight Saturday. (Eastern time)