- Week 5 Discussion
Week 5 Discussion
- Reflect in ePortfolio
- View Metadata
- Monet, Rouen Cathedral: The Portal (In Sun), 1894
- Manet, Bar at the Folies-BergÃ¨re, 1881-82
- Seurat, A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte, c. 1884-86
- How is the subject of each painting representative of Impressionism or Post-Impressionism?
- How are the style and visual characteristics of each painting representative of Impressionism or Post-Impressionism? Be sure to discuss specific elements such as brushwork/application of paint, use of color and light, and composition, in your response.
- Describe the specific ways that each painting shows tension between its inherent two-dimensionality and any illusion of three-dimensionality created by the artist.
- While you are visiting, what type of Modern or Contemporary art will you most want to see and why? Be sure to name the specific style (e.g., Analytic Cubism, Pop Art, Abstract Expressionism)
- What type will you put last on your list of â€œthings to look for?â€
- Why do you feel that way?