<![CDATA[Policy analysis is an analysis that provides informed advice to a client that relates to a public policy decision, includes a recommended course of action or inaction. There are five steps in writing a policy analysis. A policy analysis can be utilized to identify a policy problem. Policy analysis has many purposes. Answer the following questions:
- Explain policy analysis and its three purposes.
- Briefly evaluate the five steps in the health policy analysis process.
- Explain the process of writing each step in detail.
- For each step, evaluate which part of the process is the most important. Why?
- Which step do you think is the most important and why? Explain which step in the process was the most difficult to write. Why?
- Identify two states and evaluate three differences between their policy-making or law-making processes. Explain how those differences may impact the processes.
- Explain three similarities in the policy-making or law-making processes of state and Federal Governments.