- Report the qualitative findings.
- Address any descriptive statistics, if discussed in the article.
- Was the clinical significance discussed (offer details)? What does this research mean for clinical practice?
- Were there any untoward events during the study? [For example, did people leave the study and, if so, was there something special about them?]
- How do the results fit with previous research in the area?
- Elaborate on the authors’ discussion of the research findings (where the authors make sense of the findings).
- Did the authors make any recommendations for further research?