Locate and evaluate the scope of practice information for radiologic technologists for your state and two neighboring states. Create a 7- to 9-slide presentation with speaker notes using Microsoft® PowerPoint® that examines the following:
- The information each state includes in regard to scope of practice for radiologic technologists.
- How the scope of practice for radiologic technologists varies for each state (e.g. administration, certification, regulation, etc).
- Determine if radiologic technologists in the three states can administer contrast media or dye under the supervision of a physician.
- In the absence of clarity from the state, discuss options where you might be able to turn to in order to justify practice guidelines for your organization. (What are other similar orgs doing? How do they justify it?)
- Recommend action items to your supervisor.
- Training in contrast administration
- Hire additional personnel