directions for part 1 As you learn more about the health care industry, you will find that it is a highly collaborative environment. All systems within health care must collaborate and communicate effectively to serve their consumers. Note: It is important to complete this assignment prior to working on the Importance of Communication: Part 2. Read the scenario provided. Write a 350- to 525-word paper that discusses the principles of communication presented in the scenario.
- Describe verbal and nonverbal cues from the scenario.
- Based on the description of each group member, speculate as to how well this group will collaborate.
- How can verbal and nonverbal communication be perceived as defensive?
- How can this affect relationships in the work place?
- Describe collaborative skills you would use to create a more positive atmosphere.
- Explain the importance of effective communication and the drawbacks of the ineffective communication used in this scenario.
- Consider the email and the face-to-face meeting.
- Explain the role active listening could have played in this scenario.