In Assessments 1–3, you completed three parts of a request for proposal (RFP) from a nearby school district that is seeking individuals or groups to design a training and professional development in-service day about the brain and mind from a biopsychological perspective for their educators. For this assessment, use the Assessment 4 Proposal Template (linked in the Resources) to create Part 4 of the RFP by connecting visual perception and face recognition to how understanding these two theories could help educators to be aware of ingrained biases.
Complete the following two sections:
X. Face Recognition
1. Describe studies and theories that explain face recognition. Are people better at recognizing faces that are different or similar to their own? What does the research say about this?
2. Analyze the neurological mechanisms that are involved and explain why.
XI. Application of These Theories
1. Connect face recognition theory to how this explains an educator’s own biases.
2. Provide strategies or ways for educators to check their perceptions and face recognition biases when relating to students and parents, as well as when recalling information about students and a situation.
Use the Capella library to research the material and support your proposal.
· Written communication: Written communication should be free from errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA format: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point font.
· Length of paper: Write a minimum of four, double-spaced pages of content, and include a references page.