Part I: Violation of Pharmacist Guideline “Most Medicare Prescription Drug Plans have a coverage gap (which is also called the “donut hole”). This means there is a temporary limit on what the drug plan will cover for drugs.” Click here to review and analyze additional information on coverage gap. Now, analyze the following scenario. A pharmacist submits Medicare claims for brand name medication instead of following the guidelines to provide the patients with the less expensive, generic medicines. Respond to the following:
- Which law, if any, is violated by the pharmacist?
- By using the Internet, research and provide a similar real-life example.
- Find out your state’s current court decisions for breach of contract and provide an example of breach of contract affecting a hospital.
- Review and describe the state’s methodology for addressing issues pertaining to such a breach of contract.
- Describe how legal procedures have evolved over time to help reduce such occurrences.
- Describe how the breach of contract you identified could have been avoided.